Welcome

Welcome

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Orange Lilies: A Review

The Orange Lilies (The Forensic Genealogist #2.5)The Orange Lilies by Nathan Dylan Goodwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have reviewed some of Nathan Goodwin’s Forensic Genealogist books. The protagonist, Morton Farrier, is a forensic genealogist who is renowned for solving other people’s family histories, but he knows very little of his own ancestry. It is set at Christmas time. Morton and his girlfriend are staying with his “Aunty Margaret” and uncle for the holiday on the coast of Cornwall. Goodwin’s description of Cornwall in the winter is very good. I won’t write much more on the plot, as if you haven’t read the earlier books, I would be putting in a spoiler. This is Goodwin’s best work for me. It is not a murder mystery, but Morton does solve some family mysteries with an almost Agatha Christie denouement. I recommend it for its genealogical appeal, mystery, and for anyone interested in World War I.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment